“My name is not Khan and I also have Human rights”



Disclaimer: This post does not intend to target any particular community or favour any other. It is just an analysis of some of the recent events in India.

Times have changed. In 2010 Karan Johar directed movie “My name is Khan” won much applause and accolades. This Shahrukh Khan starrer movie was on the sensitive issue of how a particular community was allegedly being treated in the USA after the deadly attacks of 9/11. Alas! Today, after 5 years the time has completely changed. It’s now the majority running for cover and begging for basic human rights in India. Lives are being lost, in vain, and we as a democracy should be ashamed for not supporting them. An apt title to picture this ordeal could be “My name is not Khan and I also have Human rights”.

Go Travel Forever! Socially Distanced Travel Motivation!


The “4th pillar of Democracy”, as described by Edmund Burke in 1787 parliamentary debate in House of Commons of Great Britain, the main stream media (MSM)has come a long way in India. Today, they have the power to make an innocent person guilty OR let a guilty walk free and hailed by masses. This is a big power to possess and to my disappointment they are using it irresponsibly.
When injustice is done to a citizen and the system fails to offer relief it’s the MSM which he sees as the last ray of hope. The same media is now judging injustice with a lens of religion & community.

Go Travel Forever! Socially Distanced Travel Motivation!



Let me substantiate this fact through some recent events.

Firstly, an unfortunate incident of a nun being raped in a robbery incident occurs in West Bengal. MSM reports it and then over-reports it by debating if the minorities feel safe in India. Shockingly, not the same enthusiasm is shown when a sadhvi from the same state is gang raped just a day before the above incident. Was she not a citizen of this country? Doesn’t she have the same human rights as the nun? Do the so-called champions of liberty, proudly trending #SaveOurGirls on social sites, consider this a just act in democracy?

Secondly, we have seen debates on Church ‘vandalism’ which every time turns out to be a hoax or a simple law & order problem among the locals. But, have you seen this passion for reporting robbery and vandalism in temples? Are we not scared when a Hindu temple is barged in and robbed in broad daylight? Does the majority in India not vulnerable to same criminal elements as the minority?




There are many more such cases from the biggest news agencies in the MSM. Not all can be elaborated here. But the essence of the whole issue is the sense of insecurity & the loss of hope for justice settling in the majority of this country. I, as a Hindu, am scared. I am scared that if something wrong happens to me & my family in future then all these famous faces on the TV – Arnab, Barkha, Prannoy, Ravish, Rajdeep, Sagarika – won’t help me in exposing the injustice because I am a Hindu.

Media is an important part of democracy only when it acts impartially & in a fair manner. If at all it gets tangled in the politics of propaganda the MSM stops being productive and helpful to Nation building. I still hope the better minds in the MSM make efforts to bring the media out of this infamous image they have managed to earn.

Ironically, the media was mourning Lee Kuan Yew’s death. Had they learned only a bit from his views on Media’s role and their propaganda machinery it would have been a different India altogether.

Watch Documentary on Lee Kuan Yew here.


Visit My Travel Website: goTrafo.com





Comments

  1. I, as a Hindu, am scared. I am scared that if something wrong happens to me & my family in future then all these famous faces on the TV – Arnab, Barkha, Prannoy, Ravish, Rajdeep, Sagarika – won’t help me in exposing the injustice because I am a Hindu. Totally gree with you that for a Hindu , there is no justice . well said

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment